What’s especially unique about Astaxanthin is its ability to cross your pet’s blood brain and blood retina barriers. Plus it protects both the water- and the fat-soluble parts of cells, inside and outside the cell. And, unlike other antioxidants, it can handle more than 19 free radicals at once!
Mercola Astaxanthin for cats and dogs:
- Is created using Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae, and not less-effective fungus like some other formulas
- Contains medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) to help maximize absorption
- Is made using astaxanthin “oil” instead of powder to enhance stability
- Is formulated without chemical solvents
- Contains no traces of solvents, preservatives, impurities, or residues
- Is carefully monitored and tested for purity, showing a high concentration of Astaxanthin isomers and the absence of microbiological and heavy metal contamination
According to Dr Mercola, there is no taste or odor to their Astaxanthin, and it comes packed in an airless pump for easy dispensing.
How many servings will I get from one container of Astaxanthin?
You get about 360 pumps from one container. The suggested daily serving sizes, according to your pet’s weight, are:
- 2 pumps for cats (2+ pounds)
- 2 pumps for toy breed dogs (up to 14 pounds)
- 4 pumps for small breed dogs (15 to 29 pounds)
- For dogs over 29 pounds, use "Astaxanthin Liquid Pump for Medium to Giant Dogs" on our website!