What is curcumin?
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. Along with curcumin, there are two other important curcuminoids in turmeric. You’ll find all three in my Curcumin for Pets.
Other benefits of feeing your pet Curcumininclude?
- Support for a normal inflammatory response
- Support for comfortable, flexible movement
- Reduce the negative effects of stress
- Maintain normal DNA
- Support normal detoxification processes
Plus, there's one other very important feature about this herb. Most substances, including many vitamins, cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. This is the protective lining of endothelial cells that guard your pet's brain. Curcumin is one of those rare nutrients that can cross the blood-brain barrier. This opens up all kinds of possibilities for your pet's brain health.
One of the biggest challenges with curcumin in humans and dogs and cats is its poor absorption and bioavailability. Curcumin tends to be unstable at intestinal pH levels and is quickly eliminated from the body.
Dr. Mercola uses advanced technology to enhance the bioavailability of Organic Curcumin Extract for Pets.With their patented formula, the absorption potential is 24 times greater than standard curuminoid extract.
Serving Amount (administered orally, once per day)
- Cats (2 lb+): 1/2 scoop (0.125 g)
- Toy Breed (up to 14 lb): 1/2 scoop (0.125 g)
- Small Dogs (15 - 29 lbs): 1 scoop (0.25 g)
- Medium Dogs (30 - 49 lbs): 2 scoops (0.5 g)
- Large Dogs (50-79 lbs): 5 scoops (1.25 g)
- Giant Dogs (80+ lbs): 10 scoops (2.5 g)